Downstairs Half Bath - Before and After Demo

Besides painting, my first priority is getting the downstairs half bath redone. Both the toilet and the sink leaked when the inspector went through and the pedestal sink was cracked. Here is what it looked like before the demo:






I started the demo on my own, and managed to remove the tall cabinet, the door, the medicine cabinet, electrical covers, toilet paper holder, and some of the trim and wall tile/linoleum. I had a hammer, a screw driver, my power tool, and determination to work with.



My boyfriend and brother did the next part of the demo on Saturday. They were able to remove the rest of the wall tile, the floor linoleum, the towel bars, and half of the two levels of plywood before they hit the original diagonal 3/4" subfloor. They also removed the sink and toilet and removed a portion of the subfloor around the toilet, because it was rotten. They had crow bars, saws, and much bigger hammers. I was a little jealous. I did get to pull a few nails and screws up, plus clean up some of the wood.




Sunday my boyfriend (with a tiny bit of help from me), finished the demo by removing the other half of the plywood layers and any leftover screws and nails, plus the hanging brackets for the window blinds.




Thank goodness for strong men and the proper tools. Makes life a lot easier.

Costs for the half bath so far:

Tile Samples: $5

Labor: $0

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome

Paint